English is taught to all years groups daily. We use Talk for Writing as a key driver to deliver high quality English Sessions. Whole class Reading as taught in all year groups.
Click below to see our English documentation
- English Policy 2022
- Reading Curriculum Intent Statement
- Phonics Curriculum Intent Statement
- English Curriculum Intent Statement
- Recommended Reading Books for YrR
- Recommended Reading Books for Yr1
- Recommended Reading books for Yr2
- Recommended Reading Books for Yr3
- Recommended Reading Books for Yr4
- Recommended Reading Books for Yr5
- Recommended Reading Books for Yr6
- Talk for Writing Progression Document 2023
- Talk for Writing Progression Document 2023
Phonics is taught daily in Early Years and Key Stage one. We use the DFE approved scheme Twinkl Phonics to deliver high quality consistent phonic lessons to all to teach vital early reading skills. Twinkl Phonics is also adopted throughout our whole school Phonics teaching interventions. Click below to see our Phonics documentation.
Science is taught weekly to all years groups with a particular focus on scientific enquiry. The aim is to provide all children with the knowledge and subsequent skills needed to build on and extend their enquiring minds.
Please click below to see our Science documentation.
- Science Curriculum Intent Statement
- Science Knowledge Matrices (PLAN)
- Science Knowledge Curriculum Progression overview
- Science Knowledge and Skills progression document.
- Working Scientifically Progression overview
- Y1-Y4 Curriculum progression overview
- Y5&Y6 Curriculum progression
- Science Policy 2022-2025
Weekly PHSE lessons focus on social and personal skills in addition to teaching our knowledge of our values and principles. We use the locally agreed framework, Respect Yourself, in addition to the national programme 1Decision to deliver high quality sequenced focussed teaching.
Click below to see our PSHE documentation.
- Music is taught weekly in Key Stages One and Two building upon prior learning. From September 2022 we will be following the Charanga Music Scheme to support our Curriculum offer. We are also working with the local authority music service to continue to enhance our curriculum offer. From September 2022 we will be offering musical instrument tuition to whole classes, following a natural progression through school. Children will learn the Penny Whistle in KS1, followed by the Recorder in Y3&4 (taught by school staff) then the Dood in Y5 as an introduction to reed playing instruments and a natural progression form the recorder to the clarinet.
Click below to see our Music Documentation.
Computing is taught to all years groups weekly using the nationally recognised progressive curriculum, Teach Computing. The lesson sequences build upon prior learning and knowledge and cover key topics such as online safety. Click below to see our Computing documentation.
Geography is taught to all years groups weekly through a topic based approach using a progressive curriculum building upon prior learning and knowledge.
Click below to see our Geography documentation.
French is taught throughout Key Stage Two to all children on a weekly basis. We use a locally agreed progression document to ensure we lead a progressive curriculum.
upon prior learning and knowledge.
Click below to see our Modern Foreign Language documentation.
Design and Technology is taught to all years groups through a topic based approach using a progressive curriculum. We also lead project based work based on specific topics or themes.
Click below to see our Design & Technology documentation.
- D&T Curriculum Intent Statement.
- D&T Curriculum overview documentation
- D&T Curriculum Knowledge, Skills & Coverage Progression
- D&T Joins, Fixing and Strengthening Progression
- D& T Policy 2022-25
Religious Education is part of our basic curriculum and is taught through our daily acts of collective worship in addition to weekly lessons using the locally agreed Shropshire Agreed Syllabus.
Click below to see our RE documentation.
PE is taught to all years groups for a minimum of two hours per week. We work closely with ActivSports and local sports leaders to ensure we are delivering high quality PE lessons and sporting opportunities throughout the curriculum. We hold the Platinum award for school sport.
Art is taught to all years groups weekly through a topic based approach. All children have the opportunity to develop their skills and knowledge of art through our progressive curriculum.
Click below to see our Art and Design documents.