Menu's and Information
We run three main menu’s per year, which run on a 3 weekly cycle and are nutritionally balanced over the three weeks. We use a kitchen management company, WLP, to support the smooth operating of our kitchen and our menu design. All menus are planned to comply with School Food Standards and all new dishes are tested by children. Our meat is Red Tractor Farm Assured, our fish is MSC certified and we also use a number of Free Range and Organic products throughout the menu. Our children, staff and families have also been involved in the design and implementation of our most recent lunch menu.
We are very lucky and proud to have our own onsite kitchen who provide daily hot meals to children and staff. We use local suppliers who are proud to serve their local community. School lunches are currently priced at £2.30 per day which is just below the national and local average.
You may be eligible for your child to receive free school meals if you are in receipt of certain benefits. This means that whether your child is in Reception to Year 6 they would not have to pay. for their lunch in school. Currently, all children in Reception, Year 1 and 2 get a Universal Free School meal, regardless of whether their family are in receipt of certain benefits to help with the family income. However, it is important that if you think you are eligible, you should apply, because as a school we can get extra funding, which is vitally important to continue to strive to provide the very best we can for all children who come to our school.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you are in receipt of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1st April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Any families who think they may entitled to income based Free School Meals need to contact the school office, where Mrs O’Connor will be able to provide the application process details.